Thursday, October 25, 2007

Thing 2:RSS and Feed Readers

So I have now learned about RSS and Feed Readers. What I like the most is how we can get updates on when our friends and coworkers update their blogs. Also, since I am really into music and entertainment, I like how I can get updated news from the entertainment industry delivered right to me.

Obviously I can use this in my personal life by what I just mentioned, keeping updated with friends/coworkers as well as news on the entertainment industry. In terms of work, pretty much the same because this can help better educate me on what my coworkers are up to as well keep me educated with current happenings in case I need to hold a conversation or help answer questions for someone in need.

What we are doing is a good example of how libraries can use RSS. It links employees together and educates them with current happenings.

This is the first time I have used this, but I could see myself going back to it from time to time to see how my coworkers are doing with the 10 things as well as educating myself on certain topics I had chose to receive updates on.

No comments: