That was very different and interesting. It took me a while to pick something to download because I am very picky and almost everything I tried was not there or was checked out. I have a friend obsessed with Gossip Girl so I tried that and downloaded all of the Adobe stuff to get it working. Well, there was no sound and I realized it was just an ebook not an eaudiobook so I had to pick something else. I picked The Call of the Wild and downloaded all of the overdrive stuff to get it to work. IT WORKED! It was very different to have a program reading a book to me and then being able to hear it in a mobile device and walk around. I think this would be something nice when you really want to know what happens next and don't have the time to sit down and read. By having the book read to you through a headset you can hear it on the train, in the car, or wherever.
In terms of the library website, wow. I have visited it before, but never really payed THAT MUCH close attention to where I have no noticed all of these things we have been doing are being used. It was like wow there is RSS, there is updates of all the new releases, etc. What I liked the most was seeing the catalog through my own computer. I knew it was possible, but I have never actually used it on here. There isn't much more I can think of to put in the virtual branch because there is so much already that I have never heard of. I really like how the patrons can interact with the librarians and such. I think that is very helpful. The only improvement I can think of is to possibly open up more options to the patrons. Maybe open up a Wiki or some other thing for the patrons to talk about what they would like improved or to stay the same in terms of the library or maybe even on the library site. Other than that I think the library site is a terrific and very useful site!
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment