Monday, November 19, 2007
Thing 8:Wikis
Hmm...radical trust. It makes sense, but being a person that really needs to get to know someone to earn their trust...its harder to trust the world. I'm not sure if it is something I would be comfortable with. I guess some people are just more trusting than others in terms of trusting people on the internet. Wikis/Wikipedia in general, at first seeing the whole radical trust thing I wasn't too sure, but overall I think it is fun. I enjoyed going into some of the pages and editing and reading about what other people put for there interests. Its a good tool to learn and share information. I do trust the 10 things page, but if I were to start a wiki and have strangers outside of an environment of people I'd be comfortable with...I don't think I would be too trusting and comfortable. I think this would be great for library patrons because it can be a tool for them to post about what they like and dislike about the library so it can be a better place. As for my department I think it would be a good tool to use for important updates that effect our department (or the library in general), for small talk communication between coworkers, and also for coworkers to suggest things that could be improved to help the library better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment