Monday, November 19, 2007

Thing 9:Google Tools-Online Productivity

Wow!!!!!! This is almost exactly like Microsoft Word and other software-based word processors. The only difference I really noticed is that some of the features such as the paragraph ones are easier to find. All you have to do is click on style rather than clicking format, paragraph, etc, etc. Another one I noticed that I haven't seen before was the link tool. I don't think it is useful because like other word processors things just link on its own for example a url or an email address. I guess its more there for a decoration. One thing I really like is how in the revisions you can see what you did step by step rather than using "undo" in other word processors 8 million times to figure out what happened. With all that said, I actually think Google Docs is more useful and easier than Microsoft Word. Now this is definitely one of the 10 things I will try to remember for future use. Of course I will have to make sure not to have too many windows open because things can be confusing, but I think it will be easier to access documents rather than from one place or sending millions of emails back and forth to access things from computer to computer. Overall I find this to be very useful and fun, my favorite tool is the revisions if that counts, but if its a tool tool, I'd say the font tool because it is fun to play around with and make a document look more interesting.

2 comments:

The Skokie Ten said...

One selling point for the link tool comes into play if you publish a document online. You can construct the link as you would on a regular html document, like so: Visit The 10 Things!

If used in this way, it can make your document a little more aesthetically pleasing and/or user-friendly.

Glad you enjoyed this one. I get the feeling Google's just getting warmed up in terms of features.

Toby

SplShelverBillO said...

Thanks for the pointer Toby, it now makes sense! Its like the basic link, only you can link any sort of text rather than the whole http// and all the usual.